An accident at home occurs when a person is injured on their property or another person’s due to the homeowner’s “lack of ordinary care”, or because the property itself is defective. It falls under the section of law known as personal injury law.
Whether you have been hurt due to home design, faulty construction, or even a dog bite, Moraitakis & Kushel, LLP can tell you whether you have a personal injury case or not.
How Can An Accident Occur At Home?
An accident at home doesn’t always necessarily occur at your home. If you are hurt while visiting another person’s residence for work, a social call, or even accidentally – you may have a case.
These are just some of the accidents that can occur while being a worker, guest, or invitee at someone else’s home:
- Dog bites
- Food poisoning
- Drug overdose
- Slip and Falls
Other times, accidents can occur in your own home due to home design or faulty construction practices. These accidents are through no fault of oyour own and must have been caused by a flaw in the construction, design, or engineering of your home that causes incidents such as:
- Balconies collapsing
- Sudden holes developing in flooring
- Faulty electrical wiring
- Fire hazards
What To Do After An Accident Happens
- Seek medical attention immediately. Not only should injuries be addressed first, but in doing so an official record will be created with your account of events, time and date.
- If possible, take photos or a video of what you believe caused the accident.
- Try to get any witnesses to write down statements if they are willing.
- Get copies of your medical records related to the accident.
- Contact our office regarding your personal injury claim.
Contact Moraitakis & Kushel, LLP
Please contact Moraitakis & Kushel, LLP at (404) 261-0016 or (800) 688-2357, or through our online form if you have any questions regarding a personal injury case.
Our consultations are free and you will only be charged if there is a successful conclusion or settlement to the case.